5 Yoga Mats For An Eco Friendly Practice
If you love yoga and like to be environmentally friendly, you might want to take your practice down to an ECO yoga mat. A mindful yoga practice can be enhanced with one that is friendly to the environment and to your body. Environmentally friendly mats are generally made from used material, can be biodegradable, recyclable and ultra hygienic. There are many brands offering compositions from a variety of materials with different qualities that may suit you. In addition, you'll be able to find serene colors, prints, sizes and weights that will add to your practice. These five yoga mats offer the best of the ECO friendly yoga mat category.
1. tpECO Ultra by Kulae - This inch thick yoga accessory is 72 inches long and 24 inches wide. The thick yoga mat is great for those that have knee issues given that it's thicker and more cushioned than the normal yoga mat. PVC and latex free, it is 100% biodegradable, 100% recyclable, allergen free and ultra hygienic. Weighing in at 4lbs, this mat is double sided with a different color on each side so you can use either side for your practice. It comes in a number of color combos and sells for $74.
2. bSimple by mosabee - Made from non-toxic TPE, these yoga mats are PVC and latex free. They are light weight, non-sticky, biodegradable and recyclable. In addition, theye are slip resistant allowing you to have a worry-free practice. bSimple mats come in beautiful colors and come in two sizes and thicknesses. Prices range from $39.99 to $49.99 for the bSimple. bPlayful patterned mats are also offered for a brighter colored mat and range from $59.99 to $79.99.
3. Manduka eKO - The Manduka eKO is perfect for those that want a durable yoga mat to last them through all of their practices. These yoga mats are made from natural tree rubber and finished off with a sea-grass texture that feel great on the body and is easy on the environment. The Manduka eKO is 7 pounds and measures 71 inches long, 26 inches wide and 3/16 of an inch thick. Manduka's eKO can be yours for $76.
4. Jade (3/16") - The Jade yoga mat is made out of open cell, natural rubber, contains no ozone depleting substances and is slip resistant. According to the description on the Jade website, "Jade has exceptional resilience, unmatched 'compression set' resistance and incomparable cushioning. These characteristics guarantee you the ideal mat for those looking for maximum comfort and performance." These yoga mats are made in the USA and in compliance with all US environment and labor laws. In addition, $5 from each sale goes to help fund improved treatments for ovarian cancer. This one is yours for $69.95 and weighs 4.5 pounds.
5. prAna E.C.O. - 100% TPE, you can feel good about taking your practice to the E.C.O. by prAna. It is eco friendly, textured on both sides and has natural anti-slip properties. Practice will be enhances as it is light weight, 5cm thick and has been made with a toxic free manufacturing process. Measuring 72 inches long and 26 inches wide, the E.C.O yoga accessory will cost you around $48.
by: Gen Wright