megax.com » filter » Houston Hyundai Dealer Offers Safety Tips for Breaking Down on the Freeway

Houston Hyundai Dealer Offers Safety Tips for Breaking Down on the Freeway

Staying safe if your car breaks down on the freeway is your first priority

. Even a well maintained car could break down at some point, so it's best to be prepared. Here are some safety tips for what to do if your car should break down while traveling the busy freeway from your Hyundai dealer.

Move Car to the Emergency Lane

On the freeway, the right shoulder of the road is meant for emergency stopping only. Do what you can to get your car into the emergency lane and out of traffic.

Alert Other Drivers

Put the hood of your car up so that it is obvious to other drivers that you aren't just stopped on the side of the road and that you are broken down. Put your hazard lights on, and if you have a white shirt or a something that can be used as a flag, hang it from your driver's side window. Many times, cars that are broken down or parked on the side of the freeway end up getting hit. You want to help other cars see your car.

If you stay in the car, keep your seatbelt on. If getting out of the car, make sure to move as far off the road as possible and keep your eye out for drivers who may lose control of their vehicle and veer off the road.

Call for Assistance

Use your cell phone and call 911 or AAA for help. If your phone doesn't work or you don't have one with you, you can wait to see if another driver stops to see if you need help or walk to the nearest exit ramp to find a pay phone to use.

Houston Hyundai Dealer Offers Safety Tips for Breaking Down on the Freeway

By: Paul Peebles

# 2 The subsequent time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I imply, I know it was my choice to learn, but I actually thought youd have something fascinating to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you would fix in case you werent too busy on the lookout for attention.
  2019-11-15 04:05  reply
# 3 WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..extra wait .. ?
  2019-11-18 10:52  reply
www.megax.com guest:  register | login     IP(18.207.132.114) Piemonte / Pombia Processed in 0.019612 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 1770, 954,
Pombia